Our Storage Location
We store users’ personal information on our Swiss data center, which is protected by the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act (FADP) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection Ordinance (FODP). As a result, Alohi has some of the strongest privacy protection in the world, as required by Article 5 of the GDPR, for both individuals and corporations that use our service. Moreover, users of the FAX.PLUS Enterprise Plan can choose to store their fully-encrypted data in other locations. We currently offer multiple different locations for data storage such as the US, Canada and many more to help users comply with their local data residency regulations.
Using our Services
As a company that prioritizes the security and privacy of its users, Alohi was already implicated in the commitment to minimize the collection of any users’ information. The GDPR is therefore acting as a guideline for our efforts, where we only collect the personal data we need to provide the service we are offering. We do not sell personal information to any third party and any personal data is only transmitted to third parties when it is necessary to process a contract and to fulfill our services to our users.
The GDPR gives Alohi’s users the following important rights:
- The right to know which personal information is being collected about them and how it is being used and/or processed. We value transparency and choice, especially when it comes to how we collect and use data.
- The right to delete information collected about them. Alohi can facilitate the account deletion. People who do not have a FAX.PLUS or SIGN.PLUS account and have provided their personal data or had their personal data provided to Alohi, may also request for deletion.
- The right to access the data that is being collected. Alohi can facilitate access of their managed users’ data from the Alohi support team. Similarly, people who do not have a FAX.PLUS or SIGN.PLUS account and have provided their personal data or had their personal data provided to Alohi, may also request for access.
- The right to rectification if data is inaccurate or incomplete. Alohi users have the right to change their data and to have their data completed by providing supplementary information.
- The right to withdraw consent at any time. The withdrawal shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on the consent before.
- The right to restrict the processing of data that is being collected in certain circumstances. This means you can limit the way that Alohi uses your data. This can be an alternative for users who are thinking of deleting their data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data at any time. Users can stop or prevent Alohi from processing their personal data. Alohi’s users also have the right to object to any processing of their personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Processing Users’ Data
Alohi processes users personal information to:
- Ensure users are registered to use Alohi’s products/services
- Ensure users receive any technical support they need
- Improve performance of our services
- Process any payment that has been made, including recurring payments as users request
- Provide users with the products/services they request
- Communicate with users about the products/services they request
- Inform users of any important product revisions or updates
Our Data Protection Principles
- Lawfulness, fairness, and transparency of data being processed to the consumers
- Purpose limitation where data that is being processed is for legitimate reasons specified explicitly to the users
- Data minimization, where only the necessary data is being collected and processed
- Accuracy of personal data, as it needs to be up-to-date
- Integrity and confidentiality for all sensitive data being transmitted, processed and stored
- Accountability for being able to demonstrate GDPR compliance with the principles above